"Glück Auf!" - Welcome to the Salt Mines! Fascinating Salt Worlds
Feel the magic of bygone days and immerse yourself in a magical realm of glistening salt crystals, mystical salt lakes and mysterious mine tunnels, where history comes alive. Welcome to a fascinating subterranean adventure. Welcome to Salt Worlds!
Venerated as a "gift of the gods", traded like gold: This natural resource shaped the history of Austria in general, and the areas surrounding the city of Salzburg in particular. Cities such as Salzburg, Hallein and Hallstatt, as well as regions like the Salzkammergut owe their names, but also their prosperity, to salt. Even all the way back in Celtic times, it began playing an important role in the nature and culture of mankind, while in the Middle Ages it was the most important trading commodity there was. The significance of this historic mineral is also reflected in the fact that Salinen Austria AG boasts the longest uninterrupted corporate history in all of Europe. No wonder, then, that salt also became known as "white gold".
Historic Adventure: in all weather, for all ages
- Renault Formula-E Z.E.16 Monaco Gp 2016-2017 E.Gutierrez SPARK 1 43 S5915 Mo
- VINTAGE DIECAST CHARACTERS JERRY'S BANGER GARFIELD CRAZY COLLECTION - FREE P&P
- Sealed Immaculate LEGO Hogwarts Castle (4709) 100% Complete
- Transformers Transforming Takara 1980-84 Generation 1 Dinobot Sludge Dinosaur
- KISS 12 Inch Retro Style Action Figures Series Two The Spaceman
- 28mm Resin Dragon Kings Of War Warhammer
- THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE LEATHERFACE ULTIMATE FIGURA 18CM NECA NUEVA NEW
- Scale 75 Leonidas Spartan Hoplite King 75mm Unpainted Kit
- SANWA SANWAMTS MT-S, 4CH 2.4GHZ COMPUTER T X & R X482
- (The World Around Me) - Gibby & Libby The World Around Me Map Puzzle by C.R.
- Porsche 917Lh 1969 White BBR 1 18 BBRC1833ST Model
25mm napoleonic french - napoleon & - (31824) staff command nvdcaf3881-Table Top/Historical
Welcome to the Salt Mines – we look forward to seeing you here!
Experience a fascinating world deep below ground, a world in which the miners wrested "white gold" from the earth, one arduous meter after another. At the salt mines in Hallein, Hallstatt and Altaussee, you will immerse yourself in a world that appears both very alien, and yet so familiar, all at the same time.
Did you realize we also offer an online ticket? It's the easiest, most convenient way to buy your ticket for the salt mines. It will cut out unnecessary waits once you get here and guarantee admission at the exact time you have booked.